123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama or McCain?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Obama or McCain?
Obama
72%
 72%  [ 36 ]
McCain
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 50

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Obama or McCain? Reply with quote

Assuming Obama wins the nomination, who would you guys like to see win in November? I would like to see Obama myself. To many of you, I'm sure that isn't a big surprise. I'm about as liberal minded as they come. Laughing

I also have my doubts about McCain's temperament. I think he's an honorable man, but it seems like he could fly off the handle at any time. I also think he lacks knowledge about the economy. He also doesn't seem to care much about providing universal healthcare or even doing anything about the healthcare crisis. JMHO
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: IDK Reply with quote

I really don't like Obama even though I'm from IL. I really don't like political parties since they go against the idea of a democracy. Also, most Democrats hate guns, even though part of the reason for the Second Amendment was created was to allow the people the ability to defend themselves against the government in the event it would stop caring for the public and only themselves.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a ten foot pole is long enough for this topic Wink
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: IDK Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
Also, most Democrats hate guns, even though part of the reason for the Second Amendment was created was to allow the people the ability to defend themselves against the government in the event it would stop caring for the public and only themselves.

I could be wrong, but I don't think McCain is a favorite of the NRA either. I'm for the Second Amendment. I just think there are way bigger issues that we need to worry about.

ClunkClunk wrote:
I don't think a ten foot pole is long enough for this topic.

Would a twenty foot pole do? Laughing
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
I don't think a ten foot pole is long enough for this topic Wink

Laughing

While I agree with ClunkClunk, let me add some fuel to the fire . . .

These are just my opinions, please take them with a grain of salt:

1) This country is not ready or willing to have a woman president (Hilary, your out)
2) This country is not ready or willing to have a black president (Obama, your out)
3) McCain is an idiot (John, your out)

Doesn't leave me much choice does it? So, I guess, at this point, I'm not voting at all. . .

Now, that being said, I personally don't care about race, color, creed, sex or religion of our leader. I would vote for Obama in a heart beat.(I think he is a sharp well educated and well rounded guy with a decent platform)

Regardless of who wins, it will be the same disaster as all previous presidents. They talk a good game before they are in office, then shortly after they realize what the real game in Washington D.C. is and turn back from what they screamed about for a year and a half. I think some of them have good intentions when they are on their soapbox but politics in Washington won't allow them to fulfill their promises.

Long story short, until we get a real, ballsy guy/gal to run for president, we're screwed. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: IDK Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don't think McCain is a favorite of the NRA either. I'm for the Second Amendment. I just think there are way bigger issues that we need to worry about.

Yeah, but he's all the NRA has so they are forced to support him. If we just overthrow the government can we forget about the election?

Going to Missouri S&T!!
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3) McCain is an idiot (John, your out)

That leaves McCain the winner from the first two options. I believe the same as you.

But I'm for Obama all the way.

dungeon92, don't be surprise if the Bush Bullies come knocking at your door. Laughing
Zuma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: IDK Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
Also, most Democrats hate guns, even though part of the reason for the Second Amendment was created was to allow the people the ability to defend themselves against the government in the event it would stop caring for the public and only themselves.

I'm so tired of the republicans using the three g's (god, guns and gays) every election cycle. Everyone knows the Second Amendment isn't going to be overturned. That is a just a dividing rod they use to rile up the redneck vote in red states. The truth is, most of us on the left just want better gun control laws and waiting periods.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Gore was running again. I think he has more intellect and experience than any of the other candidates left standing. He's also liked around the world. And boy, do we need to do some repair in that department after Dumbya. He's also a Mac user! Smile
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
I wish Gore was running again. He's also a Mac user! Smile

I wouldn't use that as a reason to vote for him since, if you don't know already, Dubya is a Mac user as well. In fact the last 2 presidents are Mac users so they cross party lines.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: IDK Reply with quote

Zuma wrote:
dungeon92 wrote:

I'm so tired of the republicans using the three g's (god, guns and gays) every election cycle. Everyone knows the Second Amendment isn't going to be overturned. That is a just a dividing rod they use to rile up the redneck vote in red states. The truth is, most of us on the left just want better gun control laws and waiting periods.

The democrats try to make guns harder to get than they should be though and restrict guns based on appearance and not functionality (Clinton Federal Assault Weapons Ban). In IL the government has been far tainted by Chicago to the point that we have the most restrictive state laws (D.C. is a federal district, so don't bring that one up) that people question how constitutional the FOID card system is since the state police can think up a reason for you not to get it or can take 6 months to process them when they promise a quick 30 day processing. Also, more gun control laws do almost nothing to stop gun violence since odd thing about criminals, they don't use legal guns and get their guns illegally. Also more waiting periods? Why? Either you have or you haven't committed a felony or other crime that loses you your gun rights so at most the waiting period should be a matter of hours for a check to go through. People who want more gun control have never looked at the facts about gun crimes and the fact that legal gun owners are very rarely the people who commit crimes.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: IDK Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
Zuma wrote:
dungeon92 wrote:

The democrats try to make guns harder to get than they should be though and restrict guns based on appearance and not functionality. In IL the government has been far tainted by Chicago to the point that we have the most restrictive state laws (D.C. is a federal district, so don't bring that one up) that people question how constitutional the FOID card system is since the state police can think up a reason for you not to get it or can take 6 months to process them when they promise a quick 30 day processing. Also, more gun control laws do almost nothing to stop gun violence since odd thing about criminals, they don't use legal guns and get their guns illegally. Also more waiting periods? Why? Either you have or you haven't committed a felony or other crime that loses you your gun rights so at most the waiting period should be a matter of hours for a check to go through. People who want more gun control have never looked at the facts about gun crimes and the fact that legal gun owners are very rarely the people who commit crimes.

I could care less about the gun situation when we are faced with issues like, a record deficit, horrible health care, record profits by oil companies, the Iraq mishap (keepin' it real PC there), a slumping economy, a failing education system. The list is rather long, I'm only giving a snippet here. As you can see, how fast I can buy a gun won't rank real high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could go back in time and have a Democratic primary do-over. Why? I'm not really happy with either of the candidates. I thought John Edwards was the best.
iLife's a Bitch!
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, more pressing issues are more important then to worry about weapons that kill.

Besides, I guess all those mass murderer's who go on rampages use legal guns...interesting. Rolling Eyes
stupkid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own personal agenda would align more with what hackersmovie listed. My opinion is that the most pragmatic way to establish a list of priorities is to decide on what items are going to have the the largest impact on the largest numbers of people. For me addressing education is huge, because it can solve lots of other problems for people, like crime for example.

None of the major party candidates align with me politically anyway, but between McCain and Obama I would choose Obama. Though I have issues with both of them.

Sadly I've been hearing that Against Me! song "White People for Peace" playing over in my head and I the idea behind it is disturbingly true. This quote from the Nuremburg trials sums it up:

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Göring

The masses will always be brought to the bidding of their leaders and while we scream and protest (as you should), a monster still does what it likes. Makes me just a little sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: