123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

H-Squared Intros New Mini mount for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: H-Squared Intros New Mini mount for Mac mini Reply with quote

H-Squared Intros New Mini mount for Mac mini
Friday, April 18, 2008
Posted by: Brian

H-Squared has announced the release of a new Mini mount for the Mac mini. According to the company, the Mini mount represents the finest combination of form and function in mounting solutions for your Mac mini. The versatile cast acrylic piece can be mounted to virtually any surface in any orientation - including VESA mounts. It's also available with an optional backlight that provides illumination both on the wall and on the Mac mini by transmitting the light through the acrylic material. The USB-powered light works on any Mac mini or USB-powered hub.

The new Mini mount is available immediately for order and will ship on April 21, 2008. It has a suggested retail price of $39.99. The backlight kits for the Mini mount should begin shipping in early May. They will sale for an additional $15.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/936.html
jeremyh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Discount for 123Macmini.com readers Reply with quote

Gang,

Just a quick note that we're running a promotion for 123Macmini.com readers for the following week (through midnight (PST) April 25th, 2008). If you purchase a Mini mount and use the promo code "123MM" (without the quotes), we'll take 15% off the purchase price plus we'll include a Mac mini power supply mount for free. That's about $12 savings.

It's our way of saying "Thank you" to the community that helped our little company get started.

If you have any questions, just PM me.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused on how this would mount underneath a shelf? I don't see screw holes on the arms. Is there a picture on the site showing it mounted horizontally?
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
I'm a little confused on how this would mount underneath a shelf? I don't see screw holes on the arms. Is there a picture on the site showing it mounted horizontally?

I was wondering that myself. If it can be mounted that way, I'm in!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jeremyh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay. Weekends = family duties.

With respect to horizontal mounting, you simply flip the mount such that the holes are on the same side that you're mounting into. The Mac mini would be upside down, but we've had no problems with that in the past (previous generations of the Mini mount could be flipped upside down as well). It sounds a little weird, but inserting CD/DVD's shiny side up doesn't take too long to get used to.

You could flip the Mac mini so that it was right-side up and I don't think there would be any issues with the mount this way either.

I'll need to take a few snap shots and post them this week. I don't have any minis laying around that I could mount this way so when the kids are sleeping, I'll use theirs. Very Happy
jeremyh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Here's some quick shots of what the Mac mini would look like in the mount from a few angles and in both right-side up and upside-down orientations.

http://www.h-sq.com/downloads/mm08/index.html

Any questions, just let me know.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly is a minimalistic design. I might get one when I pick up a second Mac mini.
drumstik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if this would work in my recording rig (pictured here). Would this be able to hold the mini in place even if the rack was placed down on any of it's sides? Obviously it is secured left to right but what about back to front? When I transport my rig it lays on the front so would this mount keep the mini from sliding towards the front lid? If it does than I am in for one!
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drumstik wrote:
I am wondering if this would work in my recording rig (pictured here). Would this be able to hold the mini in place even if the rack was placed down on any of it's sides? Obviously it is secured left to right but what about back to front? When I transport my rig it lays on the front so would this mount keep the mini from sliding towards the front lid? If it does than I am in for one!

I don't see anything on the back, but there looks to be a little lip on the front. That woud probably stop it from sliding forward.

I think one like this may suit your needs better. It looks like it completely locks down the Mac mini from the back and front.

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/maccuffmini.html
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyh wrote:
OK. Here's some quick shots of what the Mac mini would look like in the mount from a few angles and in both right-side up and upside-down orientations.

http://www.h-sq.com/downloads/mm08/index.html

Thanks for posting the pictures. I thought it would mount that way, but wanted to make sure. It must be a pretty tight fit against the top. I mean for it to prevent the Mac mini from wobbling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: