123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Digital Download websites for the Mac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Any Digital Download websites for the Mac? Reply with quote

I'm heavily into getting my games via digital download, especially as im house bound at the moment.

I cant seem to find any websites that do commercial games for pay and download.

pc has lots like direct2drive.com etc, but theres no mac games on there.

i did read something dated back to 2005/6 about Aspyr offering a download service, but i cant seem to find that service. does it exist?

any websites that offer a download service after youve bought the game?

(not shareware sites like bigfishgames... proper games like quake 4, call of duty 2 etc. etc.)
dingo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital downloads are so convenient but, alas, there aren't many such offerings for mac owners.

There's this:
http://www.macgamestore.com/search.php?ProductType=DD

If the link is poopy just go to macgamestore.com and select "digital downloads." There are lots of so-so independent games there but also a few "legit" games like the ones you mentioned.

Otherwise there is very little, here and there. The games section at apple.com/downloads offers a wide variety of free demos, of course, and some of these games can be digitally downloaded in their entirety as well (such as Midnight Mansion). If you play Neverwinter Nights, I know that you can successfully download their "premium modules" like Infinite Dungeons (just purchase the Linux .zip file and it will install fine into your OSX version of NWN).

This is about all I've found, hope you find something useful out of it.
Acer 20" WS
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go to www.amazon.com and purchase games from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: