123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Time Capsule fairy tale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maccanuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: A Time Capsule fairy tale Reply with quote

So, we have an iMac, a MacMini and a PC, formerly all using the same router to access the internet. The good printer was linked to the iMac via USB, but I could never get the PC to 'see' it, and the Mini was picky about when it would print via it. Rolling Eyes Backup was non-existent, and we were very lucky! Embarassed

Enter the Time Capsule: router, backup storage and print server all in one. Sounded wonderful, and I saved my pennies until I could get it in the house. But I have way more time logged with the Windows world than Mac, so all the while I'm not really believing that this little item was going to simplify and streamline my home office life.

Time Capsule arrived today. It took me less than 10 minutes to unbox, install software, make the connections and get everything back online. No searching 'Help' files or the internet for answers, no glitches, nothing.

Apple rocks, everything else pales by comparison, and it's not just hype.

Another very satisfied customer.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "read between the lines" but, just to clarify, did the PC "see" the printer? Was this hooked up wired or wireless or a combination?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireless printing really is one of my favorite AEBS/TC features. I do hate one thing though. My wife blows through ink like water. Laughing
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
... I do hate one thing though. My wife blows through ink like water. Laughing

Well, at least I'm not alone. I end up seeing at least 20 web pages sitting in the printer everyday!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
My wife blows through ink like water. Laughing

Time to pick up a cheap laser. I got a Samsung ML-2510 for ~$55 a few months ago (after a rebate), and it's been a champ. My only complaint is that the starter toner is tiny (~750 pages), but replacement toners are good for 3,000 pages and reman ones go for about $40.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than inkjets. I think I could buy heroin for cheaper per ounce than inkjet ink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: