123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you happy with Leopard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with Leopard?
Extremely happy!
43%
 43%  [ 114 ]
Somewhat happy
25%
 25%  [ 66 ]
Somewhat disappointed
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Extremely disappointed
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Haven't upgraded
18%
 18%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 263

trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdgm wrote:
Leopard's too expensive. I spend heaps on getting mac hardware and they charge to update the OS. Come on, don't they know that uni students don't have much money?

When did you buy your mac? You may be eligible for a cheap upgrade. Also Apple offer very steep discounts on Mac OS X for students.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
mdgm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:

When did you buy your mac? You may be eligible for a cheap upgrade. Also Apple offer very steep discounts on Mac OS X for students.

I got my mac before the discount came. $145AUD for Mac OS X edu is still a lot of money for a student. If Apple charged $50AUD I think I'd definitely buy it. I just don't want to spend heaps on a new OS when I only got my computer in the middle of last year.

If the price was right, I think Apple would be great. The upcoming 10.5.3 should sort out a lot of the remaining major bugs.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Education store price from Apple is $116, regular price is $129.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad

Last edited by Bobaloo on Thu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy of Leopard for free via the ADC. Cool it also came with the monthly ADC mailing DVD and a free apple T-Shirt. Also got a hardware discount which I used to purchase the MacbookPro. I think it was a bargain for the £65 cost of the Student ADC Membership. Cool

Happy so far with Leopard, although TimeMachine did crash my system last night Confused

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
GCG

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I stayed with Tiger!
NadiaGeek

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCG wrote:
That's why I stayed with Tiger!

When you consider how much Vista costs, Leopard doesn't seem that pricey -- at all. Vista is one of the most ridiculous operating systems I have ever used. I tweaked it enough to make it bearable, but it does suck. Leopard gets an A+ and Vista gets a C, in my book.

iMac G3

1GB iPod Shuffle

2GB iPod Nano

Too Many PCs to Name

Cheffy Dave

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinscruffy wrote:
It's good but it's SO glitchy! Looks like a rushed release by Apple... I really hope Apple sorts out these issues.

Glitchy??, I haven't had a single problem, you want glitchy, get VISTA
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheffy Dave wrote:
robinscruffy wrote:
It's good but it's SO glitchy! Looks like a rushed release by Apple... I really hope Apple sorts out these issues.

Glitchy??, I haven't had a single problem, you want glitchy, get VISTA

What do you mean by glitchy Robin? Have you personally had issues? I haven't had any issues with Leopard. I've been running it since it was released.

There were a few programs that I had, that only ran on Tiger, but they've since been updated.
jema6666

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Yes except... Reply with quote

Wlan, the stability is nearly gone, a shame.
2 Mac Mini 2.33,4GB,Macbook Pro 17"2.4,4GB,Macbook Pro 15" 2.2,4GB,Imac 2.13,4GB,Macbook 2.00,4GB,Ipod Classic 160 GB, Ipod 80GB,Ipod 30GB,Iphone16GB,Cinema Display23",Cinema Display30",Studio Display HD 23"
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Better than Vista Reply with quote

I got a Vaio about a year ago and a desktop with Vista, and it's been nothing but issues. I got the MacBook Air and a MacMini and love it. I'm now officially an Apple fan!!
pjarvi

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extremely happy. So far all of the problems I have experienced were caused by 3rd party software that was eventually updated, or were caused by a hardware issue (the Bluetooth module in my MacBook was defective).

The only thing that annoys me is Apple caving in to the cry-babies over the translucent menus and menubar. They should have either left it alone, or made the translucency an option that could be disabled.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjarvi wrote:
The only thing that annoys me is Apple caving in to the cry-babies over the translucent menus and menubar. They should have either left it alone, or made the translucency an option that could be disabled.

At least for the menubar, it's an option in the Desktop and Screen Saver preference pane.
eXtSieg

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: New to Mac but like what I see Reply with quote

I have only been a Mac user for a little over 2 months now and I believe I made right move by jumping away from the PC world and into Mac-ville. I have had a few programs frezze up on me and maybe one or two hard boots but that sure beats a typical day of working hard with a PC and having to power reset at least twice a day. So I have sold off my PC computers and got the wife a iMac and myself a mini for my away living which I do for a year at a time every so often. Next stop will be a macbook Air so I can chill on the couch and the switch will be complete. Luke I am your Father come over to the good side.

woot Razz
idave

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Mac but like what I see Reply with quote

eXtSieg wrote:
Next stop will be a macbook Air so I can chill on the couch and the switch will be complete. Luke I am your Father come over to the good side.

I almost pulled the trigger on refurbished a MBA today. The thought of chilling out with one on a couch is very compelling. Plus, I need a new portable in the worst way.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: New to Mac but like what I see Reply with quote

eXtSieg wrote:
I have had a few programs frezze up on me and maybe one or two hard boots

I switched in August 2007, so had the pleasure of switching from XP to Tiger, I gave Vista a very wide berth after trying a beta version of it. Tiger was awesome I never had a single problem with it, and held off upgrading to Leopard. In March I bought a Macbook Pro which came with Leopard and so I upgraded my iMac to Leopard.

Since installing Leopard on my iMac I have had a few glitches, they are rare but I don't think its as stable as Tiger was, it’s a huge improvement on Windows though. I literally detest using windows at work, I never realised how troublesome it was until having working with Macs for 10 months now. I usually reboot by work machine at least a couple of times a day, although I think a lot of that is the way our IT dept have locked it down but it is a miserable and frustrating day using window. I tend to take my MBP to work and use that for most things I don't need the corporate network for.

Leopard has some great new features but I think I still prefer Tiger for the stability. Hopefully with the updates that Leopard has been getting it will become as strong as Tiger was.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: