123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Unveils Photoshop Express Public Beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Adobe Unveils Photoshop Express Public Beta Reply with quote

Adobe Unveils Photoshop Express Public Beta
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Adobe today announced the Adobe Photoshop Express public beta, a free internet-based application that allows users to store, sort and show off digital photos. During the public beta period, Adobe will solicit Photoshop Express user feedback on product features and functionality, which will continue to evolve over time. As the newest addition to the Photoshop family line, Photoshop Express has taken much of Adobe's best image editing technology and made it simple and accessible to a new online audience. Users can store up to 2 gigabytes of images online for free, make edits to their photos, and share them online, including downloading and uploading photos from popular social networking sites like Facebook.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/919.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 am; edited 4 times in total
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty cool idea but my MacBook goes with me where ever I go so it isn't that useful to me.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool, but I'm still waiting for Google to bring Picasa over to the Mac. I still use their web albums for all of my online stuff. It does look like Adobe was rather generous with the 2GB of space, though. Maybe I'll give it a try for a couple of days.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this as just another reason for Apple to make .Mac free. Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be my connection speed, but it's painfully slow to work with.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be cool and everything if we didn't already have the .mac service but i see no need for this app at all i guess adobe's getting despret thanks to piraters.
NRecob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it sucked--but I'm very picky and expect a lot Wink I'll stick with CS3
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo editor is good for free and online. I think it is pretty quick considering what is taking place.

I never added enough photos to comment on photo organization.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
How exactly would they do that and why is this "another reason"? What were some of the other reasons? I gladly pay for 2 .Mac subscriptions. I pay a total of $198.00 a year for 20GB of storage and 200GB of bandwidth a month. As some of you may or may not know I recently had a website created and is being hosted by them. I pay them around $300 a year for hosting and I get only get 400MB and 8GB a month in bandwidth! OUCH!

The .Mac service certainly needs improvement, I agree there. I can't, however, overlook the advantages it does have.

I can access all my book marks, calendars and contacts from any computer, anywhere.

I can host my Ebay auction pics on my .Mac and save me on listing fees

I can back up my quicken and quickbooks files to .mac

I can back up my preferences, calendars, bookmarks, keychains, contacts, Dashboard Widgets, dock items, Mail accounts and Mail rules, signatures and smart mailboxes as well as "notes"!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

not too mention using this online storage while offline and I can mount this "virtual storage" right on my desktop and use it like a connected drive!

Plus, email with up to 5 aliases and iChat account!

What more do you want for $99, which by the way I've only paid once, I always catch it on sale for $69 so as far as I'm concerned it's a great deal!

OH, yeah almost forgot, if you have two Macs and both are running Leopard, you can share the single .Mac account which also enables "Back to my Mac" which is oh, so cool!

Rant over, I digress. . . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
g5g5 wrote:
How exactly would they do that and why is this "another reason"? What were some of the other reasons?

I'm not saying the service doesn't hold some value. I just think it would be a good idea for Apple to make .Mac free again. Web services in the "cloud" are going to be really important going forward. I just don't see how they can compete with free services from the likes of Google, MS, and Yahoo. And they really need to be in this game. Therefore, I think a basic .Mac plan should be bundled with new Macs and the iPhone. This would include mail, a little storage space and more. Then have tiered plans at different prices for more storage and stuff. Some of this could also be supported by contextual ads. Plus, with a free .Mac, you may entice even more people to come over to OS X and the iPhone.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: