123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitor Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardgold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Monitor Problem Reply with quote

I only just got the Mac Mini and I started to set it up and I connected an Acer1912 19inch monitor and it was working fine. Then in the middle of downloading the updates that I needed it stopped working.

The monitor just gave me an input not supported message.

Seems strange because it working fine to start with.

I changed the monitor to test it - I found the old 14in CRT we had lying around and connected it up and I have a picture again.

Anyone any ideas ??

1.25Ghz machine with 512mb ram
Benq DVI 19 inch Monitor and a Benq keyboard.
got an iMic and a firewire enclosure for an old 40GB HD hard disk.
wasted

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it switched to a higher resolution/refresh rate than your monitor supports. I know on Windows when you run DirectX Diagnostics or play around with your display settings too much it does that. I haven't really changed the settings on my Mini from 1280x1024, Millions of colors, 60Hz since I got the machine.
wizardgold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: But then the question is... Reply with quote

But then the question is...

How do I get it to recognise the computer again so that I can use the 19in monitor. I tell you it is hard work using a 14in screen

Maybe I will try the monitor again because fitting the low res 14 incher might have made some changes somewhere along the way.

homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: But then the question is... Reply with quote

wizardgold wrote:
But then the question is...

How do I get it to recognise the computer again so that I can use the 19in monitor. I tell you it is hard work using a 14in screen

Maybe I will try the monitor again because fitting the low res 14 incher might have made some changes somewhere along the way.

Have you tried rebooting with the 19" monitor connected? Can you connect s the 19" monitor on another computer to ensure it still works?

You could also try setting the 14" monitor to something safe like 800x600 60hz before rebooting with the 19" and then setting the 19" to a proper setting.
80GB HDD
External DVD burner
45.23 Xbench 1.2 average
FireWire Boot Guide
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wizardgold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: It works else where Reply with quote

I connected the 19 incher back where I got it and it is working.

I will give it another go on the Mac and see what happens

UPDATE

I tried it again and I was delighted it worked -----but only for a few hours same problem again later

epic_ed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What resolution are running on the 19" CRT?
homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: It works else where Reply with quote

wizardgold wrote:
I connected the 19 incher back where I got it and it is working.

I will give it another go on the Mac and see what happens

UPDATE

I tried it again and I was delighted it worked -----but only for a few hours same problem again later

Can you see if you can lower the refresh rate.
80GB HDD
External DVD burner
45.23 Xbench 1.2 average
FireWire Boot Guide
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: