123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the mini make lots of noise?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickumus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Does the mini make lots of noise? Reply with quote

Is the fan loud? Hard drive loud? Slot drive?
ipodlover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: not loud at all Reply with quote

Faint fan sound. Hard drive is pretty quiet. Slot drive is a little noisey but on nothing to worry about.
rickumus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Seeing how it's going to be up on most desks "ie closer to your ears" it's good to know that its quiet.
hovee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very happy with the noise level of the mini. I was at the apple store and put my ear up to it, and to be honest I didnt hear anything. That is pry due to the fact that I was in a store. Smile But it should make my PC sound like a freight train!
John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mini sits under a Grandstand http://www.plasticsmith.com/grandstand and is virtually silent. Never noticed the fan. Optical grinds a bit on insert/eject, but in use is not loud. Playing DVDs, I can't hear it. Burning DVDs I can occaisonally hear it. In normal operation, the computer is silent. Makes it painful to sit next to an air conditioner of a Dell at work!
bani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mini's Matsushita CW-8124 drive is way noisy compared to my Panasonic DVD-RW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: