123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HandBrake 0.9.2 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbulava wrote:
damn thing keeps crashing on me everytime i try to encode an mp4 from video_ts folder. never had this problem before, i'll have go back to the older version til i can figure that one out.

No trouble here. I would try the trashing org.m0k.handbrake.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences and the HandBrake folder in ~/Library/Application Support and reinstalling.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
kbulava wrote:
damn thing keeps crashing on me everytime i try to encode an mp4 from video_ts folder. never had this problem before, i'll have go back to the older version til i can figure that one out.

No trouble here. I would try the trashing org.m0k.handbrake.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences and the HandBrake folder in ~/Library/Application Support and reinstalling.

Thanks Devo, it's still crashing as soon as I hit the start button though. And with the previous version it starts up opens the source browser for a half second then disappears ands goes to the Handbrake settings window, yet I can't click anything cause the browser window is supposebly "open" though I cannot view it. Weird.

EDIT: Okay I figured out that the problem lies in the fact that I encode my movies in Xvid to mp4 1000kbps average 2-pass. 160kbps AAC audio. This is the same settings I've been using for months. I've never had problems until this release. Any idea how I can fix this problem? I'd hate to have half a collection in Xvid and the other in H.264.

LaCie 500GB Gigabit Ethernet Disk mini
Apple BT Keyboard/Mighty Mouse, iSight
Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still a version for Panther? I only see versions for Leopard & Tiger...I know I know, I'm working on upgrading my mini.
abney51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: How long to rip a DVD? Reply with quote

I'm using a 1.5GHz Intel Mac Mini and my ripping speeds are extremely slow when using the iPhone preset. It takes a good 6-8 hours to rip one DVD (an average sized movie) which I know can't be right.

Because of all that, I am still using Instant Handbrake to rip DVDs to an iPhone format which usually takes about 2-3 hours. Any suggestions as to the settings that I should have for Handbrake? I'm not looking for spectacular quality or anything, just something quick.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: How long to rip a DVD? Reply with quote

abney51 wrote:
I'm using a 1.5GHz Intel Mac Mini and my ripping speeds are extremely slow when using the iPhone preset. It takes a good 6-8 hours to rip one DVD (an average sized movie) which I know can't be right.

Because of all that, I am still using Instant Handbrake to rip DVDs to an iPhone format which usually takes about 2-3 hours. Any suggestions as to the settings that I should have for Handbrake? I'm not looking for spectacular quality or anything, just something quick.

Just rip them to regular MPEG-4/AAC instead of H.264/AAC and bump the average bitrate down to about 1500kbps.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out Intels can't encode in Xvid in 9.2. I'm not the only one experiencing issues. I went to the website and they said I'd have to revert back to 9.1 and uncheck the check for updates box to fix the issue until the next version.

LaCie 500GB Gigabit Ethernet Disk mini
Apple BT Keyboard/Mighty Mouse, iSight
Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
zen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this app and it only keeps getting better!

With this and isquint I have all the conversion tools I need.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great but major problems with this version.

Incoding has some issues with audio.

I just encoded my dvd of the simpson's movie into mpeg 4. When i go to play it it gets into the church scene the screen pauses goes gray then you can here itchy and scratchy from the start of the film playing in the sound track. What the heck??
Barry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please tell me what the Insert iPod Atom feature does?
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry wrote:

I believe that it sets some sort of flag on the file so that iTunes/iPods will accept them as legitimate iPod compatible files.
Barry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Barry wrote:

I believe that it sets some sort of flag on the file so that iTunes/iPods will accept them as legitimate iPod compatible files.

I'm not sure that I completely understand what good that does, but thanks for the explanation.
jdryyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of yet, I have been unable to convert a DVD to an .mp4 file (PS3 preset) using this new release (Mac or Windows version). There is an error reported and the file will not open. I do the same operation on the previous release and the file opens fine.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: