123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Aperture 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Apple Releases Aperture 2 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Aperture 2
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Posted by: Charles

Apple today introduced Aperture 2, the next major release of its photo editing and management software with over 100 new features that make it faster, easier to use and more powerful. With a streamlined user interface and entirely new image processing engine, Aperture 2 also introduces new imaging tools for highlight recovery, color vibrancy, local contrast definition, soft-edged retouching, vignetting and RAW fine-tuning, and lets users directly post their portfolios on the .Mac Web Gallery for viewing on the web, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV.

"Many of the most respected photographers on assignment all over the world trust Aperture to organize, edit and deliver their images," said Rob Schoeben, Apple’s vice president of Applications Product Marketing. "With its simpler interface and lower price, anyone can take full advantage of Aperture's power."

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/884.html
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Apple was a little more generous with its education prices online. I wouldn't mind having this one.
ranger1021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
I wish Apple was a little more generous with its education prices online. I wouldn't mind having this one.

The price of the education store's Aperture seems to have even increased $50, if I am not mistaken.
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn'tpay to use edu discount since it lock you out of ever upgrading. Everyone that bought edu to save $20 now has to pay $179 to Up instead of $99.
Crazibri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any complaints about using Aperture with a mini since its using Intel graphics and not nVidia or ATI?
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazibri wrote:
Anyone have any complaints about using Aperture with a mini since its using Intel graphics and not nVidia or ATI?

It works a treat on my MacBook with the Intel GMA 950 and 2gb of ram
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
slickrick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
Crazibri wrote:

It works a treat on my MacBook with the Intel GMA 950 and 2gb of ram

No complaints here either. I have a 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac mini with 2GB of RAM. In fact, I think Aperture 2 is performing better on Leopard than 1.0 ever did with Tiger. And don't forget, they have free 30-day trial. You can be the judge yourself.

http://www.apple.com/aperture/trial/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: