123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Question for the owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
livemusicfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: A Question for the owners Reply with quote

For those of you that already have your Mini's I was wondering what you thought of the video card. I was looking at the specs again on my PowerBook and realized it has the 64MB video and am not sure if I would even notice a difference between the two.

I will be using the 20" Cinema Display with mine and plan to use it as my main machine...basically that means it will manage my iTunes library, e-mail, internet, watch the occasional DVD, and plan to start managing photos and editing more video down the road.

I am just wondering if it ever could be used to play the occasional game. The Apple website advertises "Halo" on the Mini but looking at random specs I noticed the very popular "World of Warcraft" requires a 64MB card, I am well aware this machine is not for the hard core gamer and believe me, I am not one of those people that will claim to love Apple and yet trash their product because it doesn't fit what I had planned. I am looking for actual owner opinions.

Thanks in advance, remember to tell others about the site so we can grow this community.
12" 1.33GHz PowerBook / 15GB 3G iPod /
4GB iPod Mini / 1GB iPod Shuffle
dougg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the video card is ok for the above things you mentioned. Surfing the Internet, Email, iTunes. For gaming maybe at lower resolution. The big questions is Core Image. Have you placed your order yet? If not I would hold for Tiger.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A Question for the owners Reply with quote

livemusicfan wrote:
The Apple website advertises "Halo" on the Mini but looking at random specs I noticed the very popular "World of Warcraft" requires a 64MB card, I am well aware this machine is not for the hard core gamer and believe me, I am not one of those people that will claim to love Apple and yet trash their product because it doesn't fit what I had planned. I am looking for actual owner opinions.

From what I've read, World of Warcraft actually plays pretty good on the mini. (I actually own and play WoW and will verify this once my mini arrives)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nalenb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of other games, but Nanosaur and Marble Madness that come with it run just fine. I don't have anything else that's graphically intensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: