123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini on Woot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Mac Mini on Woot.com Reply with quote

As I do every morning I just checked to see what the deal of the day was on Woot.com and was surprised to see a 1.8g Mac Mini for $499. As usual the desription and wrote up on it pretty humourous! Just remember that this is a one day deal.
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Poison Apple

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanting to get started and not drop a lot of money, I found my Mac Mini on Craigs List for $500 with the older style BT Keyboard and the BT Mighty Mouse. I was able to negotiate the price down to $400 and now I can't stop throwing money at it. While a 20" iMac might be a better bargain if you are buying new, I really don't get tired of people saying "That's the computer?" when they see the Mini. I'm using just about every port on the Mini and it's hid pretty well, not sure if it would look all that good with the cables coming out from behind the iMac? Just my opinion.
Dell E228WFP Dispaly
Monsoon Speaker System
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the iMac people still say things like "where's the box?" & "That's a computer as well?"

Cables on the iMac are great. 1 power cord hidden behind the stand, 1 lead down to the keyboard (asumming wired keyboard) I have a USB hub under the desk for all my USB devices Its much tidier than the PC with the integrated screen you also don't have a video cable and the addtional power cords to contend with either, I use the internal speakers so again no messy wires and speakers on my desk.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: