123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple In Ear Headphones.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ianham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Apple In Ear Headphones. Reply with quote

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10079992&catid=23933

Has any one bought a pair?

If so do the little plastic comfort things fall off easily?
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple In Ear Headphones. Reply with quote

Ianham wrote:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10079992&catid=23933

I would say get these:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11037803
I use them and they are great and very easy to find at a lower price than the Apple in ear headphones.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
splen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple In Ear Headphones. Reply with quote

Ianham wrote:

I bought some and literally could not get them to stay in my ears, they just kept Falling out! I don't have weird ears I promise! and I know how to use in-ear headphones so I am certain that it is nothing i am doing wrong! These are the only apple product I have tried that I would actively discourage people from buying!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had the EX-71 Sony phones.
Good sound (not the best) and a good price. @£25-30
I could pay more for better sound fidelity, but as I have to take the tube to work I figure it isn't worth it due to the background noise.

If I want good quality sound, I'll listen to CDs on my hi fi, not MP3 or AAC files on an iPod.
Mac SE 8Mhz, 2MB, 40GB Seagate, 6.07
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Apple in ear earphones, I do have trouble keeping them in my ears. I have to use the largest earpieces, not that I have big ears but they seem to be the only ones that work. I prefer using my Sennheiser noise canceling headphones when I'm home.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Catlantis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a variation of these:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500635

Creates a anchor with a pad on the top part of your ear. And not anoying like the ear clips.

They never fallout and are very comfortable
herbg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had them and had the same issues...they would not stay in. I now use the Etymotic Research ER-6i and completely love them. http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx Pricey...but worth every penny. Look at Ultimate Ears and Sure too. The Ultimate Ears Metro.fi runs about $60 and sound pretty good.

If your looking for a good pair of cheapies, look for the JVC HA-FX33 Marshmallows. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10080500&catid=11174 They sound much better than most budget (i.e. under $50) headphones. And even sound as good as some three times it's price. CircuitCity here in the US had them on sale for $9.99 last week. I've also seen them at WalMart. You can can even Mod them to improve sound...my brother recently did this and they sound great.
splen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these ones now:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDREX32LPB-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B000OQ9WAO/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1201216830&sr=1-41
They sound pretty good but they are quite fragile, I'm already on my third set Sad
Lucky they are pretty cheap!
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple In Ears never fit in my ears either comfortably or they fell out often. I also was not impressed with the sound quality for $40.

If you like IEMs (In Ear Monitors), my expensive favorite is the Etymotic ER6i. Not super bassy, but very clean crisp sound, and good external sound isolation. Amazon seems to have them around the $75 to $80 mark often.

My cheap favorite is the Maximo iM-390 (or iM-490). They've got good bass, decently comfortable, and are well built. They can be found online and in stores for $30 to $40. They're a nice bargain.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody has mentioned the V-Moda in ear headphones. Anyone using them? I hear (pun intended) they are pretty good. They certainly look good. I've been wanting to get a set for quite a while. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
herbg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
nobody has mentioned the V-Moda in ear headphones. Anyone using them? I hear (pun intended) they are pretty good. They certainly look good. I've been wanting to get a set for quite a while. . .

The V-Moda's are very bass heavy, not very balanced. They tend to be bloated with muddy mids. I guess if you like hip-hop they are ok.

Remember, with IEM's...fit is important. If the seal is not good in the ear then you will not get full potential. I experimented with different plugs on my Etymotics before I was 100% happy with them.

Herb
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser CX 400s. They sound decent and don't fall out of my ears which was the problem with the Apple in-ear earphones. By the way, has anyone noticed that the new earbuds that come with iPods have been resized? They are bigger. I used to use them with the Griffin EarJams which make the earbuds in-ear and improve the sound. When I tried them on the new earbuds that came with my iPod touch, they will not fit and the new earbuds are too big for my ears, I couldn't get a comfortable fit. I did use the Apple in-ear phones until I got the Sennheisers. I like that they have a short cord and an extension cord. Sometimes the long cord gets in the way.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: