123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And now the seed has been planted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: And now the seed has been planted Reply with quote

Yes, yes, good, good, the seed of Mac has been planted in my school, the new Librarian/head IT had the school buy him a MacBook Pro for his work laptop (my school has too much money stored away), he also ordered VM Ware Fusion since our school is on XP.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: even better Reply with quote

Got more good news, the superintendent was at a conference and was thinking about testing out Macs in the library, they quoted getting iMacs or get a mobile lab with MacBooks.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity you don't have a Mini to take in to school and show the powers-that-be. I still like to see the look on people's faces... "Yes, that's the whole computer right there"
AnthroPC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken my Mini into college a few times now.

People seem to get really confused. I pull out my keyboard, my mouse, and I plug them into an "external CD drive" (as it has often been identified) and then plug the CD drive into the projector... and somehow the CD drive is managing to be an entire computer despite only being a CD drive.

Then I confuse them even further by opening GarageBand and using some sort of wizardry I begin using the computer keyboard as a musical keyboard. That gets them every time.

Its not often a computer causes a stir in college, several students regularly bring in notebooks (usually Vaios or *spits* Dells) and get no attention, but whenever I bring in the Mini people always crowd round to see this tiny tiny aluminium box do more than the new £800 library computers are able to do. Cool

>> WEBSITE! <<>> TOONS! <<
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

He got it the other day, but today he was playing with fusion, and it's faster than our computers in all the labs. I really want to get a MacBook now, but that may have to wait until either this summer (have a job by then) or next fall (if me and my sister aren't in summer college classes (I might take something at a community college(SWIC)) for educational discount).

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: