123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Rumblepad 2 Cordless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myminirocks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Logitech Rumblepad 2 Cordless Reply with quote

Ok so I read everywhere that this gamepad is supposed to the bomb. Went out and bought one and was soooo excited to give it a go.

Got home pluged in and could see that the little green light on the receiver was instantly accepting button presses so was think this is great plug and play!

I was wrong...... I cannot for the life of me make it work in UT2004. I used the gamepad companion 3rd prty pref pane which worked quite well as in being able to map each key etc but the analoge sticks I cannot get right.

I have treid to set one of the sticks as the mouse X/Y axis but no mater what sensitivity setting I use I cannot get it to work right. It actually 'feels' like it is taking the inputs from the sticks as digital, ie I cannot gradually move around it can only jump full left or full right etc.

Is anyone sucessfully using this pad? I am pretty close to returning it Sad
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is what you need to understand.

Gamepad companion is called a virtual input device emulator it basicly takes your keyboard commands and converts them to controller commands.

But you still have one issue if the logitech controller you purchased says windows only not mac compatible it may contain logitechs new lockout technology.

Manufactures like logitech have been rigging there controllers with lockouts so if you do not install there driver the device wont work.

You should have how ever just done this

go to:

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

download the xbox 360 controller driver this driver fully works under leopard and tiger and even functions with gamepad companion.

then go out to your local gamestop and purchase a used corded 360 controller and your done.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thx for that. i dont think it is locked out because i can get it to 'work' but it is the analogue sticks that i cannot get to function properly.

I think that i have resigned myself to the fact that my mini is not going to work as a gaming machine.

Disappointing seeing as so many mac games sites recommend the rumblepad??

appreciate the response!
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true!!! The mac mini has great games really nice open source games and there are a lot of open source games coming for leopard as well.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I see all the open source games but all I really want to do is play some kind of competition shooter like UT2004 or Halo and I dont want to do it with the keyboard.

I can make the rumblepad work but the sticks just wont work (properly)

Anyway, I will be taking the rumblepad back today Sad
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: