123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipod touch question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
microfox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Ipod touch question Reply with quote

The "new" Mail app can apparently read .pdf attachements.

My question is can the ITouch also read .pdf files that are transferred on it from a computer ?

thanks

2.0GHz Core2Duo Mac mini, 2 Gb RAM,120Gb HD + 1Tb LaCie external HD, Hauppauge PVR 950 USB TV Tuner stick, running 10.8.2

iPad 3rd generation, 32Gb

IPod Touch 4th generation 32Gb
egg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: pdf transfer to itouch Reply with quote

Nope. Just tested, itunes informed that the ipod couldn't 'play' a pdf. So I mailed it to myself, no problem opening from mail.
microfox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot

2.0GHz Core2Duo Mac mini, 2 Gb RAM,120Gb HD + 1Tb LaCie external HD, Hauppauge PVR 950 USB TV Tuner stick, running 10.8.2

Nichod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: pdf transfer to itouch Reply with quote

egg wrote:
Nope. Just tested, itunes informed that the ipod couldn't 'play' a pdf. So I mailed it to myself, no problem opening from mail.

Weird. You think it would be useable on a while in the touch. Maybe later I suppose.
microfox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just fount out something.

First, I bought an Ipod Touch (16Gb) from Costco. I paid it $20 cheaper ($378CDN) and was told they had not received any new shipments of Ipod Touch, recently.

Therefore, it came without the Mail app, announced on January 15th.

Here's what I found out ! I e-mailed a .pdf file to my GMail account and found out t it still could open .pdf files. Not that this device is perfect for a 59 years old man (even with his glasses) to read .pdf files (zooming has its limits, after all) but it can do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: