123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot go into Disk Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Livenstak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Cannot go into Disk Mode Reply with quote

Hi to all. Decided to upgrade and got a nice ipod classic for XMas.
Synced the ipod with my mini, but got only half of the songs (no capacity issue) in, and then it blocked. Now when I try to connect it, my mini either says it doesn't recognize the disk, says that I need to restore (both the mini and the ipod), but I can't as my mini shows an error (1430) when I try to do that. Last thing, the ipod shows the red cross in the circle, so I try to put it in Disk mode as shown in apple website, but I can't access it (nothing happens). Any idea of what I could do more (besides going to Apple or crashing the damn thing on a wall)?
Thanks in advance for the help!
herbg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you are running the latest version of iTunes? Maybe re-run the latest update. Are you plugged directly into the mini, not hub. Have you tried re-setting the iPod before putting it in disk mode?

To reset:
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Other than that, maybe the drive is bad in the iPod. It's under warranty, so replacing it should not be an issue.
AnthroPC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, doing the iPod reset usually works. Also, I found that iTunes faults can sometimes be shifted by deleting the iTunes preference lists if you're running a Mac, or getting a Mac if you're running a PC (heh heh, slick).

However, it does sound as if the drive is a bit dodgy. I'd see if you could get it replaced/repaired under warranty.

Good luck!

>> WEBSITE! <<>> TOONS! <<
Livenstak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thks to both of you. To herbg, I have the latest iTunes version and plugged the ipod in the Mini. The fact that I cannot get into Disk Mode shows I think that it's probably an ipod issue, so I will claim for warranty, unfortunately, my nearest distributor is not so near so this will wait for some time ...
nickh2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthroPC wrote:
if you're running a Mac, or getting a Mac if you're running a PC (heh heh, slick).

smooth joke there anthro
Iphone 8gb
Red Ipod nano 4th gen 4gb
CHECK IT OUT
great file hosting/sharing site www.host-a.net
Ipod Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: