123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venture

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo with the Mac Mini?

Logitech positions it for use with the PS3... I was wondering if it would work with the Mac Mini in a HTPC application. At $80, it is much cheaper than the Logitech diNovo.

Thanks
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful.

There have been reports concerning Logitech and Mac.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/10/blue_in_the_face

Aquafire

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
mabhatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: logitech mediaboard Reply with quote

The logitech mediaboard pro bluetooth (for PS3) it seems to work well on my Macbook. I bought it to use from my couch while my Macbook is connected to the TV via DVI.

Keyboard and mouse function work out of the box with no drivers. It has one big problem... lack of "fn" or "apple" keys and no F1-F12 keys... for me that was the deal breaker. It would be OK to work around in windows without the option key (equivalent to windows key) but on a mac it just wasn't usable because all the keyboard shortcuts required the option to hack them. I returned it the same day for the actual Apple wireless keyboard at the same price.

The new Apple wireless keyboard seems to work OK. I think I'd have preferred the old one with number pad, but the new one is exactly like a new macbook keyboard. At least I'm used to it. They have a shortcut to use "mouse keys" for mouse functions to get around the lack of touch pad.

I just saw a new microsoft bluetooth media keyboard and mouse combo I saw at office depot that has all the appropriate keys but I'm done buying for now.
designtemple

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

venture, i have had this keyboard for over 2 mths and loving it...yes, it would have been perfect had it been an apple keyboard but considering that i am using my mini in the living room as media center, i definitely didn;t want:
- unecessary wires
- extra mouse

it is not perfect mabhatter pointed out but u can change the setting in the mini preferences to use the CTRL key as the apple key...not perfect but do-able...seeing that i don't use it for judicious "computing" work in the living room...for that i am tyically on my MBP in the home office...

i have looked high and low and compared and finally settled on this mainly becos:
- it is keyboard AND mouse pad in one
- bluetooth

big on bluetooth becos other wireless keyboards out there are either IR or RF which seems to me not as good as the BT also that there is a pointing device on the same piece of equipment is great...however, it is small and needs some getting use to...

on the whole, i'd say its been a great pieces of equipment for the price and doesn't become a "clunky" mess in my living room which i am eager to keep uncluttered...now if they made totally wireless surround sound systems, that would be great...!
dvdafrank

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I recently bought the Logitech Mediaboard Pro and I'm having some issues with it. My mac recognizes the keyboard immediately and it pairs it fine. However, the trackpad does not seem to work. Can someone help me with this problem. Thank you.
emax4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always use ControllerMate and reassign any key to something else, even reassign the modifier keys to other keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: