123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New iPods. What ya think ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avservice wrote:
I am baffled by this comment?
How can we ever have enough storage space,especially when working with Video?

ranger1021 wrote:
Personally, I have to say that I am the opposite from you in your views about the Classic. I have a large collection of music, photos, and movies, which would probably fill a lot more than 30GB. Scary, but true.

Yes I do realise and can see where you guys are coming from, but I find once I've watched a movie or TV show, I don't usually want to watch it again, especially on the small iPOD screen. Also I have a huge music collection, one that wouldn't even come close to fitting in a 160GB iPOD, but I tend to listen to only a few albums at a time and don't need nor want to carry my entire collection around with me. If I did I'd spend more time flicking songs and deciding what to listen to next. So instead I choose to be a little more selective and pick the albums to carry. 30 GB is still a lot of albums, podcasts and videos.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

Yes I do realise and can see where you guys are coming from, but I find once I've watched a movie or TV show, I don't usually want to watch it again, especially on the small iPOD screen. Also I have a huge music collection, one that wouldn't even come close to fitting in a 160GB iPOD, but I tend to listen to only a few albums at a time and don't need nor want to carry my entire collection around with me. If I did I'd spend more time flicking songs and deciding what to listen to next. So instead I choose to be a little more selective and pick the albums to carry. 30 GB is still a lot of albums, podcasts and videos.

I do that with my nano since I have 8GB of music and a 2GB nano, I would love to get a 160GB version if there was video quality on the classic since it's capped at 640x480 it would make a good device for just plugging into a TV and then just unplugging for when you go somewhere.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
avservice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do realise and can see where you guys are coming from, but I find once I've watched a movie or TV show, I don't usually want to watch it again, especially on the small iPOD screen. Also I have a huge music collection, one that wouldn't even come close to fitting in a 160GB iPOD, but I tend to listen to only a few albums at a time and don't need nor want to carry my entire collection around with me. If I did I'd spend more time flicking songs and deciding what to listen to next. So instead I choose to be a little more selective and pick the albums to carry. 30 GB is still a lot of albums, podcasts and videos.[/quote]

I do know what you mean here.
I use my Nano mainly for Audible books when traveling and I can get more than enough to hold me on a 2 Gig Nano and I am usually driving to and from jobs around the country.

That said,I like to carry a large music and video collection too so I either use a Video Ipod or just have my 12"Powerbook with me.

I build Home Theatre systems and though it is handy to have an ipod with video on it the image quality is marginal for testing displays and I really need to computer with a higher res. output for that.

So many Ipod's so little time! Razz
sl33stak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm looking forward to getting iPod Touch. I already have an assortment of iPods, and to behonest they each serve a unique purpose.

The Shuffle is for exercise/snowboarding

Nanos are for in the car, mostly Podcasts, audiobooks, and a decent selection of albums.

The 30GB is for holding ALL of my music, a LOT of my pictures, and some videos.

and now the Touch will be used for Podcasts,some music, and most importantly to me, displaying pictures to people (as I am an amatuer photographer). It will also be VERY nice to be able to surf the web and fetch emails and the like.

For those who think that only a few GB's is pointless, go visit Merlin Mann's site and look for his tutorials on using smart playlists to better organize your iPods. He's the man when it comes to that!
15" MBP 4 GB RAM
8GB iPod Touch (jailbroke)
80GB Classic
http://www.flickr.com/sl33stak
StothaD37

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: No "Add" button for calendar Reply with quote

What's the point of making the iPod Touch more like the iPhone and more of a PDA if you can't add to the calendar except for syncing with iCal?
80 GB HDD

http://seanyd37.blogspot.com/
AnthroPC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a go with the iPod touch... and its true, the calendar app is a bit inhibited. Safari works like a treat though, and I'm loving the flick-through cover flow. Video looks absolutely brilliant on it.

However, I'm probably still going to wait for the iPhone to come out over here, or maybe even the 2G iPhone, let all the little 1.0 problems get smoothed out.

>> WEBSITE! <<>> TOONS! <<
mr56k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pretty much count on third party hacks for the touch. Look at what people are doing with the iPhones. After playing with the touch I'm definately getting one now. I have had a few different customers come in with them over the last 2 days.
24" Dell 1920x1080 HD LCD
jakandhismac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really want the touch, i figure that space isnt an issue, because i will sync it every few days anyway, so i will have the songs that i want to listen to, and just leave the others on the computer, i would like to see wireless syncing though, that would be cool.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently using a 1gb shuffle in place of my G4 20Gb.
1Gb currently has 304 songs (854Mb) that last 16.4 hours.
I mainly use it for travel to and from work and resynch it most weekends.
I know London Underground are a bit rubbish, but even they couldn't stuff up the trains enough for me to spend over 16 hours on them in one week.

If I ever get an iPod Touch, 8Gb is plenty of space for me.
Mac SE 8Mhz, 2MB, 40GB Seagate, 6.07
Minkster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a 3G Nano on holiday in Vegas. Very nice.

As for the touch, I liked it to use but a couple of things put me off. One - as silly as this sounds - were that when I was in the store, the touch seemed to be surrounded by kids, and two had pursuaded their mum to buy them one. It kinda took the edge off a possible purchase. Two - the size. Whilst its thin, its still like carrying around another phone in your pocket size-wise. Ok, it may lack WiFi and the bigger screen but the Nano is so tiny and light it can fit in a shirt pocket. Exactly what a portable music player should be about in my opinion.

The video on the Nano may also be in a tiny screen but its an incredible looking one. Really, really good.
cn23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: ipod classic Reply with quote

i've got so much music, all from cd's and itunes, that i needed a 80GB ipod and i love it. It is thinner than the old 30's. I would love to get an ipod touch later on for web and videos.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a 16Gb iPod Touch for my gift. I'm quite happy with it. Even though I use my computers on ethernet, my network is wireless and it sorted that out quite easily. Safari works great as does viewing Top Gear Videos on YouTube. I have quite a bit of music on my computer but don't have the need to carry it about with me all the time, since I am constantly adding and deleting Playlists. I prefer to manage my iPod manually. It's a cool thing.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: