123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiimote with games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Wiimote with games Reply with quote

Has anyone used there wiimote to play games yet. I saw on a youtube video some guy playing wow with his wiimote. He somehow had his wii conected to his mac mini he said to use the sensor bar. Anyways here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkX1oQsvNe0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here is how you do this and this is a very hard mode to do

first the video was not running wow on a mac even though the mac was there 2nd the wii remote requires the glovepie software which is windows only
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
OK here is how you do this and this is a very hard mode to do

first the video was not running wow on a mac even though the mac was there 2nd the wii remote requires the glovepie software which is windows only

actually the wii remote can be used on the mac through darwiin remote, and secondly he was using a mac. plain and simple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no he wasn't he was using a a windows based pc running osx86
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
no he wasn't he was using a a windows based pc running osx86

That's a contradiction in terms. A "windows based pc running osx86" ceases to be a Windows PC when OSx86 is running, because it's not running Windows. It is still an x86 based PC, but it is not a Windows PC.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter if he's running a PC with OSx86, or a genuine Mac with OS X on it, the result is the same. He was running WoW in Mac OS X with Darwiin Remote. No Windows involved. Unless, of course, he did some tricky camera cuts to fake it, but there didn't seem to be any motive to do that. He clearly stated in the video that "This is all Mac OS by the way" and offered a Windows solution. The YouTube description also mention that this is for OS X, and you can clearly see his desktop and choice of software, all which were Mac OS X.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

About the only use for my Wiimotes.
My Wii died from a power surge need to get a replacement still.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
opie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a wiimote as a wireless mouse/pointer on my mini, haven't tried any games yet...
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I found some hobbyists who are making an infared bar that is smaller than the Wii's sensor bar and is USB power to use mounted on top of their display since all it is ia some infared LEDs in a case that's powered, to make it though might cost more than the sensor bar itself but if you plan on using it a lot it'ld be worth it.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
mastershake301

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah johnodd, it's very easy to do this with Mac OS. As you saw on the video he was running darwiin remote on Mac OS X, and was controlling the mouse fine. I play halo with mine. Laughing
2Gb RAM
16Gb iPod touch
iSight
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastershake301 wrote:
Yeah johnodd, it's very easy to do this with Mac OS. As you saw on the video he was running darwiin remote on Mac OS X, and was controlling the mouse fine. I play halo with mine. Laughing

yea johnodd is wrong on alot of things but anyway thats cool it works I might have to pick one up
Top 25 Poster
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: wiimote add on? Reply with quote

Speaking of Halo that got me thinking about ideas. What if you made a add on that holds the Wiimote securely and then make the Wiimote look like a gun? I would like to see someone get the nunchuck to work though and maybe get the classic controller to work so you don't have to buy a USB controller then play games with that when you want to play in the living room with a HTPC Mac mini.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
mastershake301

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
What if you made a add on that holds the Wiimote securely and then make the Wiimote look like a gun?

Unfortunately that is already a planned product by Nintendo, although I don't know when they're going to release it, I know it's going to be called the Zapper. As for the classic controller and nunchuck idea, Darwiin Remote support classic controllers and nunchucks. Although of course you do have to have them plugged into a Wiimote. I don't know if anyone has tryed to make USB adapters for them, would be cool though.
2Gb RAM
16Gb iPod touch
iSight
elviswjr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done this too. Check out my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQe9I0x5wk

I used an app called DarwiinRemote and my Wii sensor bar.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I revive this thread for a tick and just ask if anyone out there is using a wiimote as their fulltime input device? ie remote for FR/EyeTV/mouse etc?

Also mastershake301 you said you use the wiimote to play Halo? How does that go? Is it truly useable or a bit of a novelty. I have been contemplating buying a wireless games controller but I also need a bluetooth mouse so I am thinking if the wiimote can do both for me then I will run out and grab one tomorrow.

Do I need the sensorbar? (no I don't want to have permanantly burning candles beside the TV either Smile ) and if so, how exactly are people pluging the sensorbar into the mini? elviswjr I would love to hear from you how well your set up is still going?

cheers guys!
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: