123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils Mighty Mouse
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Apple Unveils Mighty Mouse Reply with quote

Apple Unveils Mighty Mouse
Tuesday August 2, 2005

Apple has unveiled the Mighty Mouse, its next generation mouse which offers power users up to four independently programmable buttons, without compromising simplicity for users who prefer just a single-button mouse. Mighty Mouse also introduces a new Scroll Ball that lets users scroll in any direction-vertically, horizontally and even diagonally. With the Scroll Ball, users can scroll with natural, fluid movements, making Mighty Mouse perfect for applications from viewing Web pages and photographs, to video editing and music creation.

"With Mighty Mouse, we've simply built a better mouse," said David Moody, Apple's vice president of Worldwide Mac Product Marketing. "With its innovative Scroll Ball and unique integration of multiple buttons, Mighty Mouse adds functionality while retaining the elegant, easy-to-use Apple design." Mighty Mouse is available now for $49.00 from the Apple Store.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/337.html

Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a $79 upgrade for Keyboard and Mighty Mouse on the new Mini's. And there is no wireless option as of yet.

Man first the switch to Intel, now a multi-button Apple mouse!!!! What's next? The world is changing so fast my head is spinning. Wink
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to walk outside today! This may mean the end of the world!

This is one cool looking mouse. Cool
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouieMacGoo wrote:
It's a $79 upgrade for Keyboard and Mighty Mouse on the new Mini's. And there is no wireless option as of yet.

Man first the switch to Intel, now a multi-button Apple mouse!!!! What's next? The world is changing so fast my head is spinning. Wink

Intel and multi-button mouse. Isn't this a sign of the apocalypse? I swear to god, Apple is going to make me max out my credit card. Wonder if they'll make a wireless one anytime soon?
iLife's a Bitch!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling two button Powerbooks and iBooks will come out with the Intel chips. Why no BT? I need a tailless Mighty Mouse.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design is totally cool, but the touch sensitive pads could be a royal pain in the ass. I usually keep my fingers over the buttons and will touch the buttons inadvertently without activating them. I bet you get a lot of accidental clicks with the Mighty. Apple will probably make a BT model after the early adaptors ginny pig this one out for them. I wonder if they'll bundle the Mighty with iMacs and G5 Towers?
aristobrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definately interested in this mouse, but am definately waiting to read some user reviews (much like w/ Quicken 2006 for the Mac) before I spend any money. Smile
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. It looks nice. I hope it isn't too dainty for my manly paws.

Wouldn't it be cool if Apple went from making the suckiest to greatest mice on the planet?
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the most expensive corded mouse out there. I want it bad! Can you program any of the buttons to open other applications?
spolll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked one up at the Apple store today, bought my mini and mouse last week so I was able to exchange the old mouse with the Mighty Mouse.

It is a nice looking mouse and feels sturdier and heavier to the touch than the old mouse. I'm doing alot less inadvertent clicking on this one which is a good thing. The other mouse was so flimsy that if I just rested my fingers on it without realizing it I'd get a click, not so with this one.

I love how you can go forward and backward with the roller ball, however, I haven't figured out how to adjust the sensitivity to either direction. Sometimes it'll reverse 2 pages with the tiniest movement of the ball. I'm also not loving the scrolling on this mouse, it's not as smooth and precise as a typical scrolling mouse and you can't click it down once and keep it in a smooth scroll.

Overall, I'm happy with it, just needs some getting used to.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dude posted a review http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/ Even the box is cool! Cool
iLife's a Bitch!
slickrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First we get the Intel shocker and now this. What's next viruses and spyware! Laughing
xforce11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine today. I called the Apple Store in Durham at 10 they had not recieved their shipment. I went after work and by 3:30 they were sold out. Oh well.

Mac Mini, Ministack (160 gig), LG Flatron 17"
aristobrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a "usual delay" between when Apple announces a product (like the new mini line-up, or this mouse) before stores like CompUSA and Best Buy get them?

Looking briefly at their websites, they don't even look like they have the new mini line-up for sale yet. Should I even bother waiting for them to carry the mouse? Question
spindle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking mouse, but it's overpriced and corded. Here's Apples real plan. They get you to buy the mouse now and then in two or three months they release a BT version. People will realize buying the corded mouse was a mistake and go out and buy the new one. Cha-Ching …double the sales! A BT Mighty makes more sense seeing every Apple computer comes with built it AE/BT. The corded ones will flood eBay. It's the circle of mouse…I mean life. I just bought the Apple wireless keyboard after several moths of looking around for an alterative. I'll be waiting for the Mighty BT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: