123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want Apple to make a line of mini accessories
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
inimcam
New Member
New Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mini Concept Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
I'm waiting for my Mini to arrive. While I wait, I've mocked up some stackable peripherals you might be interested in: Mini Concept

There's another concept at asteroid.divnull.com


Very Cool! Cool You should apply at Apple!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geegee
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Posts: 31
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini Concept Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
I'm waiting for my Mini to arrive. While I wait, I've mocked up some stackable peripherals you might be interested in: Mini Concept

There's another concept at asteroid.divnull.com


I like that card reader. Please someone make these accessories!
_________________
1.42GHz Mac-mini
512MB iPod Shuffle

Smalldog.com is my favorite Apple Store!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ashby
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple should make the HUB and Media card reader and retail them for around $50.00.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chrisb
New Member
New Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashby wrote:
Apple should make the HUB and Media card reader and retail them for around $50.00.


50 bucks for a card reader would be a tuff sell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James T. Kirkę
Member
Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Posts: 133
Location: Europe, the Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisb wrote:
ashby wrote:
Apple should make the HUB and Media card reader and retail them for around $50.00.


50 bucks for a card reader would be a tuff sell.


Indeed, I paid for a cheapie one something of $ 10.00. Maybe a combo: cardreader/usb/firewire hub? Wink
_________________
take care,
____________________________Jim
~ Registered Linux user #310054 ~
made in Xandros 3.0 (Linux)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
burnett
New Member
New Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple doesn't recommend stacking things on top of the mini. So would they go ahead and make these type accessories? It may also hamper AE signal strength. AE signal strength has been reported to be weak anyways. Perhaps and external antenna jack would be good idea?

"Always place your Mac mini on a hard, flat surface to provide maximum airflow to the computer's vents around the rubber base. Don't put anything on top of your Mac mini or stack Mac minis on top of each other either. If your Mac mini is configured with AirPort or Bluetooth, you could hamper the signal strength since the antennas are located in the top of the computer. "

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300577
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packerfan
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnett wrote:
Apple doesn't recommend stacking things on top of the mini. So would they go ahead and make these type accessories? It may also hamper AE signal strength. AE signal strength has been reported to be weak anyways. Perhaps and external antenna jack would be good idea?

"Always place your Mac mini on a hard, flat surface to provide maximum airflow to the computer's vents around the rubber base. Don't put anything on top of your Mac mini or stack Mac minis on top of each other either. If your Mac mini is configured with AirPort or Bluetooth, you could hamper the signal strength since the antennas are located in the top of the computer. "

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300577


I started a thread on here talking about Airport Extreme. I recently ordered my mini with the internal card so I'm hoping the range is better than I've been reading about. Apple would never re-tool the mini for an external antenna jack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.