123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxio updates Toast and Popcorn for Leopard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Roxio updates Toast and Popcorn for Leopard Reply with quote

Roxio updates Toast and Popcorn for Leopard
Monday, November 19, 2007
Posted by: Glenn S

Roxio has released Toast Titanium 8.0.3 and Popcorn 3.0.2. The updates offer improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and include a number of bug fixes.

Changes in Toast 8.0.3 include:
- Resolves issue where Music DVD projects created on Leopard were of poor quality
- Resolves issue where selected video quality options were not always honored
- Error 9011 will no longer occur when burning DVD with MPEG-2 and PCM audio
- Error -2009 will no longer occur when using PCM pass through audio
- Enabling "Optimize on-the-fly" will no longer result in error -35 in Custom Hybrid and Mac Volume projects
- Various Leopard related cosmetic issues have been corrected
- TiVo recordings created after TiVo's Fall 2007 DVR update will no longer cause the application to hang during encoding

Changes in Popcorn 3.0.2 include:
- Resolves issue where DVD chapters were not correctly preserved as bookmarks
- DTS audio is no longer incorrectly identified as MPEG-1
- Language of audio tracks is now correctly displayed to user
- Users can now properly switch between PAL and NTSC output settings for DVD-Video
- Should no longer receive error 1634955892 when using physical DVD source
- Exporting from DVD source should no longer cause error –43 or -206
- Resolves issue where exporting to 3G format would generate an error message
- Resolves synchronization issue experienced when using 24fps H.264 content
- Resolves issue where disabling Fit-To-DVD compression generated -50 error
- Resolves issue where Fit-to-DVD video compression calculation was incorrect
- Resolves issue with black frames appearing in video after conversion
- TiVo recordings created after TiVo's Fall 2007 DVR update will no longer cause the application to hang during encoding

The updates are free for registered users. You just need to log into your Roxio account to upgrade.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/815.html
Grover Time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with Popcorn 2 in Leopard. Is there any word on updates for older versions?
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate roxio's software you have to have a account so they can harass you with junk e-mail and what they call specials just to update. I should be able to update without any issues or sign up for a account. This is lame
Roxio i understand is trying to stop piracy but people that legally own roxio toast and popcorn go to alternative sites to download there updates because they do not want to sign up for a roxio harass my e-mail account accounts.

I am glad they updated roxio toast titanium 8 but i like my toast titanium 7 better 8 has to many bugs and burning problems.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree it's kind of silly to have to sign up for an account on Roxio's website to download updates, however if you uncheck the box to sign up for their newsletters, they won't email you anything. I've not received a single email from them except my welcome email with my account information.

As for these updates, they seemed to fix the issues I was having with Toast 8 and TiVo transfers. It's November and the TiVo update that broke functionality came out in September, so it was a bit of a delay, but I can hardly blame Roxio, because it seems that TiVo made those changes without alerting Roxio. I'm just happy to have a TiVo To Go solution for the Mac.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never received a single piece of spam from Roxio. Although, I might be interested in getting some spam if it was about trial editions. Smile

I really wish Roxio offered trials of their software. That is about my only gripe with them.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't having trouble using Toast 8 in Leopard, but I guess that I'm officially good to go now. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: