123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11, iPhoto 7.1.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11, iPhoto 7.1.1 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11, iPhoto 7.1.1
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Posted by: Charles

Apple has released the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update via Mac OS X's Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the company, the 10.4.11 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Tiger and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update also includes Safari 3, the latest version of Apple's web browser.

Other modifications in this update include:

- Adds RAW image decoding support for the following cameras: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, Leica V-Lux 1, Olympus E-400, Olympus EVOLT E410, Olympus EVOLT E510, Canon EOS 40DPowerPC (PowerPC, Intel)
- Improves compatibility when using OpenType fonts in QuarkExpress (PowerPC, Intel)
- Improves reliability when running VMWARE's Fusion (Intel)
- Improves support for using Image Capture to import pictures taken on your iPhone (PowerPC, Intel)
- Improves syncing between iPhone and Yahoo! address books (PowerPC, Intel)
- Addresses an issue copying files from a Mac OS 9 AFP sharepoint (PowerPC, Intel)
- Improved reliability advertising an AFP sharepoint over Bonjour (PowerPC, Intel)
- Addresses an issue which could prevent the use of port mapping when sharing your Mac's internet connection (PowerPC, Intel)
- Improves reliability when trying to authenticate to an AFP share using Kerberos (Intel)
- Improves compatibility with third-party wireless wide-area network devices (Intel)
- Improves reliability when mounting external USB hard drives (Intel)
- support for Microsoft Presenter Mouse 8000 (PowerPC, Intel)
- Addresses an issue in which selecting two rows of album art within the iTunes artwork Screen Saver may cause System Preferences to unexpectedly quit (PowerPC, Intel)
- Includes updated Daylight Saving Time information for customers in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States state of Indiana (PowerPC, Intel)
- Allows the use of the special keys on aluminum Apple Keyboards to control Aperture slideshows (PowerPC, Intel)
- Addresses an issue in which help content for some applications may be displayed in English when using the computer in another Mac OS X language (Intel)
- Addresses issues with certain Apple Dashboard widgets: Unit Converter, Calculator, Stocks (PowerPC, Intel)
- Includes recent Apple security updates (PowerPC, Intel)

Apple also released iPhoto 7.1.1. According to the company, this update supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues. It weighs in at 9.3MB.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/809.html

Last edited by admin on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Safari 3! Very Happy
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the!!!!

Where is 10.5.1 at were waiting.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 10.4.11! I thought that we Tiger users had been forsaken. Smile
fuentecigar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for those of us into audio; the Firewire audio kext issue was corrected. I see the version of the kext on this update is 2.2.0. I previously had to roll back to kext 2.0.1 with Apple's developer package to get version OS 10.4.10 to work with my audio interface. I figured that I might have to do the same thing again but; happily, I did not.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get get home to try out my webcam to see if 10.4.11 fixed this problem with USB cams.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuentecigar wrote:
Good news for those of us into audio; the Firewire audio kext issue was corrected. I see the version of the kext on this update is 2.2.0. I previously had to roll back to kext 2.0.1 with Apple's developer package to get version OS 10.4.10 to work with my audio interface. I figured that I might have to do the same thing again but; happily, I did not.

That's great. I know you were pulling your hair out with that one.

TonyMontana wrote:
I can't wait to get get home to try out my webcam to see if 10.4.11 fixed this problem with USB cams.

Let me know about that one. I was going to pick up a cam for my nephew, but held off because of the issues.
zedtvl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, up and running no problem so far......................
fuentecigar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
fuentecigar wrote:

That's great. I know you were pulling your hair out with that one.

TonyMontana wrote:

Let me know about that one. I was going to pick up a cam for my nephew, but held off because of the issues.

Yes. I had actually reverted to a back-up copy of 10.4.9 and stayed there probably more than a month waiting for something other than the work-around I eventually used.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound works great with 10.4.11 and my Logitech cam!! Thanks Apple
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11, iPhoto 7.1.1 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
- Improves reliability when running VMWARE's Fusion (Intel)

I've moved on to Leopard, but I wonder what that included. I was running really well with Tiger and Fusion. Oh well, I hope we get 10.5.1 tomorrow. It seems about time.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
shagberg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Apple has really fixed a lot of the problems that they introduced with the 10.4.10 release. Can anyone vouch for whether or not they fixed the issue of login taking 20 minutes when the wireless is enabled and using the DVI port. Link to the Apple discussion here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4781042&#4781042

If anyone can confirm this, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Scott
DRII

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: 10.4.11 update Reply with quote

So theres no issue updating from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 right? I never got the 10.4.10 update, because of the the reported problems.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: 10.4.11 update Reply with quote

DRII wrote:
So theres no issue updating from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 right? I never got the 10.4.10 update, because of the the reported problems.

I would give it a few more days. I still haven't seen a lot of feed back on different sites yet.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my Mini, iMac and old iBook. All with success. No issues...yet! It actually seems snappier now?!?!!

My 2 cents...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: