123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holding Off on Leopard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you upgrading to Leopard?
Yes, I've already upgraded.
69%
 69%  [ 27 ]
Not yet. I'm waiting for all the kinks to be fixed.
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
No, I'm fine with what I have.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

jonthelam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Holding Off on Leopard Reply with quote

Is anybody else holding off on installing Leopard? I've been reading about the issues people are having during upgrade that I'm just holding off on the upgrade until they've been dealt with.
Mr.187

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My upgrade went fine, but I had issues with the Apache web server (Permissions), php and now network issues to and from XP machines.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
jleggz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im waiting for my mini to arrive and as its more than likely going to come with a drop in disk im also thinking about running tiger for a while untill a solid update comes out, but then im a switcher and Know jack on mac's, all im going to be doing is surfing the net, email and sorting my mp3,mp4's for a little while so i doubt i will run into anything to tricky, well i hope not, dunno, il just keep reading on untill it turns up next week, lol

James
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying the Family Pack at my first opportunity. (still traveling back home from Iraq)

The day after I return home, I will be in the new Apple Store in Madison, WI to pick up iLife '08, Leopard (for our existing Mac's), and a new Mac portable for myself (either a 15" MBP or a BlackBook...haven't decided yet).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dove in headfirst. Made a backup of my Tiger install, and did an archive & install of Leopard. Pretty happy.

I'm still going to do a complete clean install one of these days, but that's mostly for my own sanity, nothing to do with Leopard. I just have a million little scraps of info all over my machine from various previous work.
Mr.187

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else having issues seeing share from Mac OS to XP and from XP to Mac OS, since Leopard??

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Apple store at 6:00 p.m. and got my copy. A few hitches with installs but running fine on the 2 Macs I've installed it on. I've always upgraded O/S as soon as a new one comes out, dating back to System 8, not to mention the original OS X, which had more issues than Leopard, by far.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
jhkingsr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install went great. All the Macs are running smoothly, and faster! Only issue I've had is with my Lexmark P6250 printer. It works but it's doing some strange things........
Greentimbers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get the family pack eventually, no rush though, as Tiger is working fine on all of our machines.

Folding on a Intel Mini
Racer X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: No Front Row Photos Reply with quote

I installed over 10.4.10 as an upgrade option. Everything is fine except for FrontRow. The photos do not display but the music plays. The rest of Front Row works. No biggie for now. I'll do a clean install in a week or two.

Leopard works fine on my old G4 Tower 350 that has been upgraded with a OWC 1.4 Ghz card, ATI 8500 64mb video and a usb 2 card...it works fine with all the upgrades. I have 9.2, 10.4 and 10.5 on it.
Colstan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another success story here. I upgraded to Leopard a few days after release. My only concern was that my upgraded Mini (specs in sig) might have some problems given Apple's control over what configurations OS X might require for installation or anything related to thel EFI firmware. I have had no issues and can confirm that 64-bit apps are selected when available.

Colstan
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded the last of my machines today, the Mini. Zero problems.
Busta123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre ordered it and installed when the disk arrived on Launch day.

Cloned my Tiger install then did a fresh install imported.

Went very smoothly importing apps and data from cloned copy on external HDD.

A few niggly issues, networking has improved but takes time to get it stabilized, especially in a mixed OS environment. Can take a few hours/day for it to see all the Machines on the LAN.

Also, didn't move the hosts file or NFS mounts across

Minor niggles that are easily fixed.

Really happy with it, my wife liked it so much she managed to steal my Mini off me, so I had to buy a new iMac Smile

The porting of that was VERY easy, it used my TimeMachine.

Upgraded the new iMac to Leopard, then it asked to get its settings etc from another Mac, all I had to do was plug in the USB HDD for TimeMachine and it did the rest.....

Very sweet
MacMini Intel * 2x20" InteliMacs * 2xMBPs 13" * 1TB TC * 8GB iPhone * 16GB iPhone 3G * 30GB iPod Video * 2GB Nano (NetPlayers /Sounbridges /Win7 / 4TB NasLite / 4TB FreeNAS / 4 TB Thecus 4100+/ 4 TB DAS)
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to be bought a 500GB external firewire drive as a Christmas present.

this will then allow me to make a bootable backup of my Tiger Install. I think once I have that I may upgrade to Leopard in the new year.

My daughter has asked if she could have a laptop as her Christmas present and she's gone to the apple store today to have a play on a macbook. She has used my iMacand seems comfortable with the switch to Mac OS, so if she settles on the Macbook I'll be able to play with Leopard even earlier.

[size=11]Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
8TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 11TB Drobo S[/size]
Crazy_Artist!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: I installed.... Reply with quote

And so far no major hitches a clean install. I do find Time Machine sucks up HD space like a black hole! My Mini is solo core 1 gig RAM, 1.25 GHz and 80 HD space, CD-R-W just the basics. Other than the odd CD lag when importing in itunes and not having Classic mode support... it's purdy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: